Orthopedic surgery is an intricate and advanced procedure that should only be performed by a highly trained and experienced orthopedic surgeon. Thomas & Bigler Knee & Shoulder Institute is a leading practice in Las Vegas, Nevada, providing cutting edge orthopedic surgery and other procedures.
The practice is led by Dr. Steven C. Thomas and Dr. Gregory T. Bigler, who are both board certified orthopedic surgeons with several decades of training and experience in this field. Together with a team of trained staff members, Dr. Thomas and Dr. Bigler provide state of the art orthopedic care to patients in and around Las Vegas.
How to Reach an Orthopedic Surgeon?
The orthopedic surgeon will perform critical surgery or other treatments to rehabilitate the affected bone, muscle, ligament, tendon or nerve. It is important for a patient to choose the most appropriate orthopedic surgeon for their needs. When a sudden need arises for orthopedic treatment, a patient may not have ready reference of a good surgeon available to them. They may look for qualified and experienced orthopedic surgeons in their area in the following ways:
- Search online for leading orthopedic surgeons in the local area, and review their website, patient testimonials and other details available online.
- Seek recommendations from family members and friends who may have received orthopedic surgery in the past.
- Speak with the physician about the specific health concern and ask for a referral.
- Check the database of licensed orthopedic surgeons on the American Board of Orthopedics website.
- Talk to the health insurance provider to know about local orthopedic surgeons.
Questions to Ask
Once the patient has identified one or more possible orthopedic surgeons for their treatment, they should ask a few important questions before making a decision. An experienced surgeon will encourage patients to clarify all their concerns and doubts during the initial consultation, and provide detailed and accurate answers. Some of the key questions include:
- Are you a board certified orthopedic surgeon?
- How many years of training have you completed in orthopedics?
- For how long have you practiced in Las Vegas, Nevada and how many years of experience do you have as an orthopedic surgeon?
- Are you a fellow or a member of any of the leading orthopedic professional societies or associations?
- How many orthopedic surgeries have you performed in your career?
- Would you personally perform the surgery in my case, or would it involve other surgeons or trainees?
- Do you perform the specific type of orthopedic surgery I need?
- Are there any techniques available to make my orthopedic surgery less invasive?
- Can you recommend any alternatives to the procedure I require?
- What is your success rate in performing orthopedic surgery?
- Do you have a policy for revision procedures in case I need one after the primary orthopedic surgery?
- Can you provide with testimonials of previous patients who have received the same surgery from you?
Dr. Thomas and Dr. Bigler have outstanding credentials as orthopedic surgeons, which make them the first choice for thousands of patients in and around Las Vegas.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or learn more about the Knee and Shoulder Institute procedures & treatments performed by Las Vegas, Nevada board certified surgeons Steven C. Thomas, MD and Gregory T. Bigler, MD. call (702) 933-9393; Physical Therapy (702) 933-9394