Orthopedic surgery is an advanced and complex procedure that should only be performed by a highly skilled and dependable orthopedic surgeon.
Thomas & Bigler Knee & Shoulder Institute, led by board certified orthopedic surgeons Dr. Steven C. Thomas and Dr. Gregory T. Bigler, provides orthopedic surgery to patients in Las Vegas, Greater Pahrump, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu, Mesquite, NV and surrounding locations.
How to Choose an Orthopedic Surgeon?
Patients may identify a qualified and experienced orthopedic surgeon in their area in the following ways:
- The patient should search online for top orthopedic surgeons in their local region, and review their website, previous patient testimonials, and other details available on the internet.
- Talk to friends and family who have received orthopedic surgery previously for recommendations on a skilled orthopedic surgeon.
- Speak to their doctor about the specific medical concern or seek a referral.
- Assess the database of licensed orthopedic surgeons who are on the American Board of Orthopedics site.
- Talk to the insurance provider to garner information on local orthopedic surgeons.
The surgeon and their team should be committed to offering an exemplary treatment experience to every patient. The surgeon will need to engage closely with the patient and comprehend their concerns.
They will also need to understand the specific anatomical needs of the patient to deliver appropriate care. Based on this assessment, they will develop a customized surgical plan to achieve targeted and effective outcomes.
Dr. Thomas and Dr. Bigler have extensive training and experience in orthopedic surgeries. They are committed to delivering excellent results to each patient.
The surgeon will follow a customized treatment plan to allow them to meet the patient’s goals in the least invasive and minimally painful manner. This also reduces the risk associated with a procedure as well as the downtime.
Questions to Ask
Once the patient has identified one or more potential orthopedic surgeons for their procedure, they should ask certain relevant questions before choosing a specific surgeon.
A responsible surgeon will encourage the patient to ask any questions or raise concerns that they may have during the initial consultation. They will offer the patient detailed and accurate answers to their questions. The patient may ask the surgeon the below mentioned questions:
- Are you board certified in orthopedic surgery?
- How many years of training do you have in this area?
- What number of years have you practiced as an orthopedic surgeon?
- Are you a fellow or member of a prestigious orthopedic professional association or society?
- Will you perform my surgery yourself, or will the procedure involve other surgeons or trainees?
- Do you perform the specific type of orthopedic surgery that I seek?
- Are there any techniques available that can make my orthopedic surgery less invasive?
- Are there any appropriate alternatives to the procedure that I require?
- What is the success rate of the orthopedic procedures that you perform?
- Can you show me the testimonials of previous patients who have received the same procedure from you?
Desirable Attributes of an Orthopedic Surgeon
A patient should seek the following qualities when choosing an orthopedic surgeon:
- Warm, caring, compassionate, and easy to talk to
- Inclined to provide the patient with information on various facets of the procedure
- Passionate about the idea of making a positive difference in the patient’s life through orthopedic surgery
- Ability to understand the innate desires, goals, aspirations, and concerns of the patient
Board certified orthopedic surgeons Dr. Thomas and Dr. Bigler receive patients from Las Vegas, Greater Pahrump, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu, Mesquite, NV, and nearby areas for orthopedic surgery.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or learn more about the Knee and Shoulder Institute procedures & treatments performed by Las Vegas, Nevada board-certified surgeons Steven C. Thomas, MD and Gregory T. Bigler, MD. Contact the office today click here.
Serving patients from and around greater Las Vegas, Lake Havasu, Bullhead City, Mesquite, Pahrump, Nevada.